Thursday, July 2, 2015

Work it Wednesday...err Thursday

Hey bogland. I'm joining Katie over at Queen of the First Grade Jungle for Work it Wednesday. (Yes, I know it's Thursday...my bad)

 click image to link up


During the winter I'm a weenie. I hate cold weather and the wind hurts me. HURTS. We have had some pretty cold winters these last few years, like so cold school is delayed or cancelled due to temps. Well in January I was visiting my favorite froyo place. (Never too cold for froyo) When I was indulging in some froyo I saw an advertisement for kickboxing fitness. The first session was free. It only takes 30 minutes and there's someone there to guide you. Well I went and did my freebie visit and god my butt kicked!!! About two days later I went and signed up. I've been going 3-4x a week since January. I really haven't lost much weight but I had lost a lot beforehand. I do however notice much more strength in my body. I see it in my legs, my arms, and I feel it in my core. 

Since school has been out I have been going consistently but I get to go earlier which I like because it's usually less crowded. I also will walk, jog, or bike sometimes. 

Here is what it looks like. The objective at each station changes daily. 
I was running late so I had to put on my wraps in the car. Luckily (?) there are two super long stoplights on my way. 
I even have pink boxing gloves that go with it. 

I bought a Polar heart rate monitor. I use it for every workout. On average I burn about 350 calories in my 30 minute workout. 
                                                 
I finally improved my speed bag skills and earned my 300 Hit Club T-Shirt!
How are you staying active this summer?

2 Replies:

Simply Magical Learning said...

How awesome and inspiring! Kickboxing sounds so cool! When you get involved in a fitness activity that you love, it's so much easier to forget that you're working out and just enjoy what you're doing.

Kelsey Buckles
Simply Magical Learning

thebusybusyhive said...

Cool!! Kickboxing sounds fun!! I've been looking into getting a polar watch or a fitbit but haven't decided on one yet.

The Busy Busy Hive

Post a Comment