Monday, June 2, 2014

June Currently

It's not that I didn't know yesterday was the 1st. It's not that I was super busy. I just kinda forgot it was 'Currently Day' but don't worry blogging buddies, I remembered today. I actually posted a really cute student writing prompt last night.

Brought to you by Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade here is my June Currently.


Listening--> Last night I took some time to organize visit my iTunes library. I have such a weird eclectic taste in music. I just finally made a playlist called "Catch All" that is full of 90s, hip hop, Alternative, oldies, soundtrack faves, and misc. music that I love. When I was filling out my currently there was a Hank Williams Jr. song playing---then it switched to Neon Trees, lol.

Loving-->Today is the first official day of my summer break. I slept in, went on a nice walk and the weather was great for it. I took a nice shower and I'm waiting on the washer to finish while I blog. Pretty chill and that's what I wanted from today.

Thinking-->Haha, I kinda already covered that. I'm usually so good at remember each first that I get to do a Currently.

Wanting-->Each summer I have this thing with not wanting to be too busy/stressed because it ruins my break and makes if fly by but I also don't want to be bored....blech. So I'd like to maintain a balance for the next how many ever weeks before I get back into full-on teacher mode.

Needing-->Just for today--I'm content.

Summer Bucket List--> 
1. As some of you may remember I'm a weight loss journey. It's a lifelong journey not a short-term trip. I need to maintain active. I'd really like a regimented program. Suggestions for a beginner? (I'm willing/wanting to build endurance but stamina is pretty low)

2. I have some books on my Nook that I'm dying to dive into. I don't know about you but I have to be in a certain reading mode and I go through reading phases where I'll read several books in a row and then not read for a while. My awesome coworker wrote a book and it was recently published. I started his book but haven't finished it and it's the first one I'll dive into. If you'd like to read more about it click here. He's a fifth grade teacher, a great guy, and one of the best teachers I've ever worked with.

3. I wanna go somewhere! It can be a road trip or a plane ride but I don't want to be 'home' all summer!

I should also say I'd like to blog and create more. I had a lot of personal stuff going on last year and I slacked off when it came to this wonderful community. I haven't blog 'stalked' in so long!

2 Replies:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your fitness journey. I really enjoy going to classes out our local gym. Dive in, try them all, and stick with the ones you like. The instructors at our gym are great about showing you how to modify activities to make them fit your fitness level.

Jennifer said...

First day of summer?! I'm so jealous! My summer begins next Monday! I'm doing Barre 3 this summer. It's really pricey, but I tried it a last summer and loved it. It was easy to get up and go to!
Rowdy in First Grade

Post a Comment