Sunday, May 6, 2012

Classroom Management

I am currently in my fifth year of teaching. I had an excellent student teaching experience with a teacher that was awesome. She taught me so much more than I anticipated and more than the 3 1/2 years of college before student teaching ever did. She was not only a great teacher but a fair, fun, and consistent disciplinarian. I feel that I took a lot away from student teaching...I guess that's why it's such an important part of the Education program in college.
After college I found it difficult to find a full-time teaching position. So, for the first year out of college I did medical leaves, maternity leaves, and subbing in general. 

Anywho.


Based on my teaching experiences and the multitude of classroom exposure I received during college and post graduation I have been fortunate to see so many classroom management plans in action. It is one thing to read it online but I was lucky enough to see them in action. I have composed a packet of some of the things I have used in my classroom.
Here is what you'll get:

Page    3-5    Card flip instructions & Photos
Page    6-7    Weekly Card Flip Student Recording Pages
Page    8       Card Flip Parent Contact Letter
Page    9-10    Teacher Recording Page for Weekly Card Flips
Page    11-12    Individual Student Discipline Plan
Page    13-28    Clip Chart Resources & Photos
Page    29         Missing Homework Note Home
Page    30-31    Smarty Pants Incentive
Page    32-33    Personal Best Board
Page    34        Credits




 You'll find teacher recording pages and parent contact pages as well.

**Be my first commenter and choose something from my TpT to receive for free!**

I currently use a clip chart in my classroom and I absolutely love it. I have used all of the things in the packet and they have worked for different classes/students.
Each day I have the students record where their clip ends up and my recording system has evolved to fit my classroom needs since the school year began. I've included the different recording forms in the packet. Here's a preview of my clip chart and the front of my daily student recording page:









Page
3-5
Card flip instructions & Photos
Page
6-7
Weekly Card Flip Student Recording Pages
Page
8
Card Flip Parent Contact Letter
Page
9-10
Teacher Recording Page for Weekly Card Flips
Page
11-12
Individual Student Discipline Plan
Page
13-28
Clip Chart Resources & Photos
Page
29
Missing Homework Note Home
Page
30-31
Smarty Pants Incentive
Page
32-33
Personal Best Board
Page
34
Credits
Page
3-5
Card flip instructions & Photos
Page
6-7
Weekly Card Flip Student Recording Pages
Page
8
Card Flip Parent Contact Letter
Page
9-10
Teacher Recording Page for Weekly Card Flips
Page
11-12
Individual Student Discipline Plan
Page
13-28
Clip Chart Resources & Photos
Page
29
Missing Homework Note Home
Page
30-31
Smarty Pants Incentive
Page
32-33
Personal Best Board
Page
34
Credits

4 Replies:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and love it! I was going through and reading old posts when I came across your giveaway! Thanks for sharing so many great ideas!

delightedinsecond@gmail.com
Delighted in Second

Miss Cosby said...

Oh thank you so much. It's my pleasure! I checked out your blog too. Makes me miss my days in second grade.

Just tell me the name of the item you'd like and I'll get it to you as soon as I can. If you like it I'd appreciate a shout out on your blog.

Heather's Heart said...

What a great idea putting together all of these ideas!

I use Conscious Discipline in my classroom and it is amazing. I use the bucket filling book as part of my classroom management too. We add helpful hearts to fill our bucket...it has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen....that and the job of our cheerleader.

I would love for you to check out this post:

http://heathersfirstgradeheart.blogspot.com/2011/09/from-heartbuilding-your-school-family.html

I am so glad I found your blog and will be following you by email now.

I hope you keep stopping by my blog this summer. I am working on a HUGE Back to School math *freebie*! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Miss Cosby said...

I must admit...after you replied to my post the other day I did a bit of blog stalking myself. I read the post you're referencing. I admit, I'm guilty of a lot of those things. Very informative. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment